Saturday, May 21, 2011

Super Why!



I'm still trying to master this whole "reading" thing, but I'm just not so sure about it. I mean, it seems like it would be useful, but I'm getting along just fine without it. For instance, most technology I've encountered uses similar interfaces. So even though I don't know how to read what is written on buttons or menu options, I can sorta guess what's going to happen when I make a selection.

Today Pop got me the Super Why! app because he knows that I really love Super Why! It's a series of fun mini-games which allow me to use context clues to learn new words. It's really fun.


 I can sound out simple words which use short vowel sounds. It's the long vowel sounds that confuse me because I have no idea when they're going to sound the way they do. Mom and Pop say I'll get it over time. The thing is, between all the jumping, laughing, and playing that I have scheduled everyday, I don't know if I'll have time to practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment