Monday, May 23, 2011

The Princess and the Frog

One of my favorite movies is The Princess and the Frog.

And just to clarify, when I say it's one of my favorites, I have probably seen a total of zero movies since I joined this family. I haven't even seen the movie in its entirety yet.

So why do I like it so much?

I like it mostly because Big Bro loves this movie. He loves it.

And just in case I wasn't clear enough before, let's get one thing straight. Big Bro loves this movie. Loves it.

I'm not sure he cares much for the plot or anything like that. More than anything, I think he likes the fact that it's a cartoon and it features a song by Ne-Yo.

Two weeks ago, he was sitting in church and he saw a little girl pass by wearing a fluffy dress and he said, "She's a princess!" Then he turned to my Pop and said, "Dad! Izzy's a princess!"

Pop was trying to be supportive, so he said, "Yes, Sam. And you're a prince!"

Sam shook his head and said, "No, Dad. I'm not a prince. I'm a frog. Just like you're a frog to mommy." I can see Sam rolling his eyes now. Things may go way over Pop's head, but at least he tries to fit in and be cool with us. Keep trying.

But that's why I love this movie so much. It reminds me of my frog and my hero, my Big Bro.

Here's some footage of Big Bro pushing me in my "carriage" (which looks like a shopping cart) around Target (or "Le Target" as we like to call it in the French Quarter). Enjoy!


I hope me and my frog will be best friends forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment