Friday, May 27, 2011

Miche Bags

So my mom recently got into Miche Bags.


She got into them because a lady in our neighborhood is a distributor. So they decided to swap piano lessons for bags. I think it's a really good trade and it's been really fun to see Mom get so excited about the different colors and styles available. She gets so excited about the possibilities of matching different bags with different outfits. It makes me happy to see Mom smile so much.

I'm not gonna lie. I get pretty excited about these bags too.

Sometimes I imagine myself mixing and matching my outfits and accessories while discussing fashion strategies over the phone with my friends while lying in my room.



I'm so excited to grow up and be like all the other ladies who are always carrying around their beautiful color coordinated purses. I can't wait!

But then it got me thinking. Maybe this is why being a woman today is so hard; we just carry too much around with us.

Seriously. We carry every experience we've ever had with us--especially the negative ones--all the time. And those are really hard to forget. Sometimes we even carry those bad experiences into our relationships and consider ourselves "Damaged" as my friends, Danity Kane, used to put it. We're overly critical of ourselves and we carry the burden of always thinking we should be better than we currently are (whatever that means) and for some reason we think that it's really our responsibility to solve the world's problems. All. By. Ourselves.

That's a lot to carry around, isn't it? I think so. I think we should tell someone about it.

But you can't really go around and show everyone what's inside, can you? That's just not proper in our society. There's just no place for it. So we just cover it up, change the shell to match the season, and carry it along inside of us.

I don't think it has to be that way though. At least not in the world Adriel Luis and the rest of my friends from ILL-Literacy and I live in. So I hope you roll with us because, if not, we're just going to have to better the world all by ourselves. Let's go!


"That's not makeup; that's make believe."
--Adriel Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment