Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rapture 2011


"If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants."
- Sir Isaac Newton

Sometimes I get carried away...literally. My Big Bro likes to carry me around with him everywhere he goes. Of course, he's only allowed to carry me around the house because carrying me around outside the house involves a much higher threshold of risk tolerance than we are willing to endure at this time. But every time he carries me, I am able to see and experience new things. He raises me up to more than I can be, Groban style. So I'm grateful for good people like Big Bro who have come before me and who have done (and continue to do) their darndest to make my life the best it can be.

Big Bro even takes time to sit with me on the couch and sing beautiful songs and recite the profoundest of poetry.


Big Bro totally understands that life without music and the arts is a mistake. He's so deep like that.

So although I don't know much about the Rapture schedule for this year, which I apparently missed, I do know that the special people in our lives can literally carry us away into our own piece of heaven on earth by sharing their love and laughter with us. And that's good enough for me.

Speaking of carrying each other...

No comments:

Post a Comment