Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day at the playground

I don't understand boys.

Most of the time, they're really great. They're funny, they're nice, and sometimes they're really fun to smile at.

But sometimes, they just become really weird. And I just don't get it.

For example, let's take my Bro. I love the guy to death--don't get me wrong. But as much as I love him and as much as I know he loves me...sometimes he just leaves me hanging.

Like today...


There we were, just playing and having a good time. Sure, he fell a few times trying to do some stunts on the swings. But it was nothing serious. I thought we were really enjoying our time together.

Then suddenly these two older boys come along and start talking to Big Bro. They start challenging his playground skills, saying things like, "Look what I can do. Can you do this?" Of course my brother doesn't back down from anything. I wouldn't expect anything less.

So he accepted their challenges and even taught them a thing or two even though they were a couple of years older than him. For the next hour or so, I watched a bunch of boys in some mindless competition to see who was the fastest, strongest, most fearless, etc. I was happy for my brother. I want him to be successful.

But then it seems like he totally forgot about me and ran off with his new found "friends."

I mean, I want to play too, right? Is that too much to ask for?

If this is what boys are like, I'm not sure I'm ready for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment