Saturday, August 18, 2012

Don't Stop Believin'

Last night my grandma, grandpa, uncle, and auntie arrived from California. I'm so excited that they are here. I always have so much fun with them. There's nothing I love more than being with my family.

The older I get, the more I realize that being with family isn't always the easiest thing to achieve. Sometimes there are great distances which separate you. A scarcity of money, demands on your time, or a lack of other resources may also limit your abilities to visit those you love. There are many obstacles or distractions which may steer you away from your family.

That's why the temple is so important.



My family decided that they wanted to go to the temple together this morning. They originally planned to go at 8am. One thing led to another and, soon enough, it was already noon and they still hadn't gone. I wondered if they would get to go at all.

Around 1pm they were finally loading up into the car, but then it was discovered that a couple of them had misplaced their temple recommends which would allow them to enter into the temple. In such situations, authorized clergy members can contact the temple to vouch for your readiness to enter the Lord's House. However, my family didn't have the contact information for these clergy members readily available.

Thanks to the internet, however, they were finally able to find the contact information they needed, obtain authorization, and enter into the temple. That's when I realized that, no matter the difficulties, there is always a way into the temple with your family and there will always be those who will help you along the way. Don't stop believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment